Hiring Talent 2018 is accepting applications for our online workshop on hiring. We kick off our first session April 16, 2018.
Applicants must be in a hiring manager role, an HR role or a member of a hiring team. Applicants can find out more about this online program and complete the enrollment form here.
Purpose of this program – to train hiring managers and HR specialists to conduct more effective interviews in the context of a managed hiring process.
How long is the program? Designed to be completed in 4-6 weeks, the program is self-paced so participants can work through the program even faster.
How do people participate in the program? Participants complete online assignments and participate in online facilitated discussions, working with an expert online coach and other participants.
Who should participate? This program is designed for managers and HR professionals who play active roles in the recruiting process.
What is the cost? The program investment is $599. Vistage members receive a $100 discount per participant.
When is the program scheduled? This program is self-paced, on-demand, so participants can login and complete assignments on their own schedule.
How much time is required to participate in this program? Participants should reserve approximately 2 hours per week (on demand) for 4 weeks (total 8 hours).
Module One – Role Descriptions – It’s All About the Work
- Examine what hiring managers are up against.
- Define the steps in a comprehensive hiring process.
- Specifically define the Role Description as the cornerstone of the hiring process.
- Define the Structure of the Role Description
- Write a Role Description
Module Two – Interviewing for Future Behavior
- To understand how most managers conduct interviews, so we can stop bad habits.
- To identify, from the Role Description, the specific data we need from the candidate.
- To design questions to capture the data we need to make an effective candidate selection.
- To construct a bank of organized, written, prepared questions on which to base the interview.
Module Three – Conducting the Interview
- To prepare mentally to conduct an effective interview.
- To practice asking prepared questions and creating clarifying questions during the interview.
- To practice taking notes during the interview and re-capping those notes following the interview.
- To create a Decision Matrix to compile interview data and compare candidates.
- To effectively work with an Interview Team.
To apply for this program please complete the enrollment form here.