You are ready to extend the offer letter, but there is this nagging hesitation in your mind.
- Is this the right person?
- Am I making a mistake?
- What happens if I am wrong?
But, you have a 90 day probation period, so if it doesn’t work out, no harm, no foul.
And, you will have to start over again, 90 days down the road.
- Why do you have to wait 90 days to find out if this is the right person?
- How can you eliminate mistakes in your hiring process?
- How can you up your batting average, reduce the times you are wrong?
- What separates the average hiring manager from the few who most consistently make good hires?
There is no magic, no fairy dust, just a little managerial work. Most managers make hiring mistakes because they didn’t know what they were looking for in the first place.