What is the struggle? I want to know the pain. Often, the largest pain is the crucible for the largest gain. The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.
Don’t avoid the struggle. I know it hurts. It appears debilitating. Lean in. These are the areas of greatest opportunity. Context is important because the struggle that is causing pain looms large when you are up against it. Step back. Place the event of your struggle into a longer time frame.
- What does the pain teach us?
- What are the most effective moves now to change the painful circumstances going forward?
- What are the most difficult moves that must be made now?
- What must we learn to make those difficult moves?
- How long will it take to learn those new skills?
- How long will it take to master those new skills?
- What is the long term impact of that mastery?
- What will be different about you when that happens?