It’s January, annual reflection time. What are your intentions for the year?
More important than the ideas of your intentions, how will you make them more effective as guideposts, milestones, motivation and internal encouragement?
What is the form of your intentions? Like New Year’s resolutions that are forgotten, intentions can easily fade.
- Define your intentions in written form.
- Read your intentions out loud, in private.
- Say your intentions out loud, in front of a group of people.
- Give that group permission to hold you accountable.
- Post your intention somewhere public, where you see it every day, where others see it every day.
You can start with a 3×5 card taped to your mirror.